Job Vacancies: English, International Business lecturers
Overview of center for international cooperation (CIC):
Center for International Co-operation belongs to The University of Finance-Marketing (UFM) which is established with its duties are to make international strategic training co-operated programs, step by step to approach advanced education systems in the world. The schools have co-operated with CIC mostly come from UK, US, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Sweden, ect. which have good prestige in the world.
The group of lectures who are experienced, worked for a long time or go to abroad for their higher education, foreign teachers with high experience and international qualified degree, are managers, directors of multinational companies, etc.
With the team of educated consultants, one of them are graduated from the well-known universities in Vietnam as well as from foreign. Candidates are helped, advised carefully and enthusiastically about a program that they are interested in. CIC is a bridge to add the wings for their desire to win knowledge of many various generations, help to save expenses regardless but to give assurance for high quality programs, get high standard in domestic as well as international.
CIC currently is inviting qualified professional applicants to apply for positions as English Language Instructors and International Business lecturer in Centre for International Co-operation (CIC), where we deliver high quality English, International Business programs and study skills development to undergraduate students and pre-undergraduate students. Teachers in CIC are responsible for all aspects of teaching. This includes lesson preparation, classroom delivery, as well as monitoring and reporting student progress through a variety of methods including formal assessment. Our CIC teaching staffs participate fully in a reflective, sharing teaching and learning community.
- For English lecturers: IELTS, International Business English programs.
- For International Business lecturers: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and International Business
I. English Language Instructors – Candidates in the early stages of a professional career in teaching English, especially for IELTS and International Business English in the first year preparation course. We have part-time and full-time positions for teaching students at weekday shifts (morning and afternoon) and on Saturday mornings. The ideal teacher should be energetic, enthusiastic, and enjoys working with students, directors, and staffs in CIC as well.
• Plan and deliver these lessons in a clear and appropriate manner.
• Monitor student progress and motivate students to achieve high academic standards.
• Develop students' creativity and problem solving skills.
• Maintain student discipline.
• Assist with school promotional activities (English club, outdoor activities such as fire camping)
• Perform related administration tasks (give mid-term and final test points, input data, and report)
Time of working: (applied for week days and weekend also, Sunday off)
Morning: from 8 am to 11.15 a.m.
Afternoon: from 1.30 pm to 4.45 p.m.
II. International Business lecturer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lecture educational programs, mark assignments, and be an invigilator in exams.
- Deliver across a range of modules or within a subject area, using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- Within the subject team plan, suggest develop learning outcomes and materials.
- Contribute to the revision and improvements in the curriculum content and delivery.
- Supervise student projects, field trips, and placements.
- Act as a personal tutor in case of weak and passive students should join in extra hours.
- Keep in touch with students regularly in class to improve their weaknesses and problems
- Keep records of exams, report and send to director or staff of CIC on time and accurately.
- Refer students to specialist student support services where relevant.
- With support co-ordinate small modules, in own subject area.
As module leader or tutor, co-ordinate with others (including support staff and academic colleagues) to ensure student expectations and needs are met.
Time of working: (applied for week days and weekend also, Sunday off)
Morning: from 8 am to 11.30 a.m Afternoon: from 1.30 pm to 4.30 p.m
Work location: 2C Phổ Quang street, Wards 2 Tân Bình District Hồ Chí Minh city (near the Military Zone Seventh stadium or Sân vận động quân khu 7) (POINT A in the map)
Time to start: October 2014
Requirements for both of the above positions:
- University degrees (BA or MBA, Doctor Degree is an advantage) or /and English teaching certificates (TESOL, CELTA, IELTS 6.5) A discipline relevant degree one level higher than the courses the candidate would be teaching. English language proficiency as demonstrated by successful completion of both secondary and tertiary education to a level of qualifying to enter university study while being instructed through the medium of English as per CIC recognized qualifications list or IELTS (Academic) with overall score of at least 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 or equivalents TOEFL (Paper-based) at 600 (TWE5.0), or TOEFL (Internet Based Test- iBT)- overall score 100 (writing- 24, all other sectors- 22%), or Pearson Academic 65-70; or: English teaching certificate from Ho Chi Minh city University of Pedagogy-Vietnam
- Preference will be given to applicants who hold a MBA/PhD qualification / Doctorate in the relevant discipline.
- Documented proof of minimum three (3) years university teaching experience, recognized by CIC as appropriate for the relevant discipline area and academic teaching level. A notarized employment certificate and/or letter of reference clearly stating the teaching role and period of service will be required.
- Passionate with sharing knowledge and skills to others, moderate but innovative.
- Willing to develop teaching skills, improve continuously the methods to be better.
- Being flexible, outgoing, easily adapt to the new dynamic working environment.
- Competitive salary, social medical insurance, other benefits according to VN labor law.
- Being supported to upgrade knowledge and experience via trainings, especially MBA programs
How to apply:
1. An English Cover letter and a CV or Resume (should include contact information for an interview) summarizing how the candidate meets the qualifications for the position.
2. Copies of degree(s) and/or any TESOL /TEFL, CELTA, IELTS certificates.
3. Recent Photo (Scanned jpg, BMP, GIF, PNG, PDF ...)
4. Notarized of TESOL/CELTA/IELTS and any other relevant teaching certificates.
Compensation and remuneration policies:
Dependent on previous experience and academic achievement, the successful candidate, will be offered an attractive remuneration package comprising of monthly Base Salary in the range of… VND gross per month.
- Native speakers and Vietnamese teachers for our English and Business programs at CIC.
- Vietnamese candidates who meet the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria as detailed in the position description are encouraged to submit an application.
- Please note your application must address how you meet the key selection criteria as detailed in the position description.
- Automatically generated CV’s will not be considered unless accompanied by all the other necessary documentation as identified on the CIC or UFM website.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EMAIL or DIRECT SUBMISSION IS SUGGESTED.
*For any further questions please do not hesitate to contact: